Calamarata & Calamari
The calamarata is a traditional Neapolitan ring-shaped pasta, full of Mediterranean flavours!
- 9 oz of Giovanni Rana Calamarata pasta
- 3 oz fresh Calamari cut into rings
- 3 oz Giovanni Rana Pomodoro sauce
- 2 oz Extra vergin olive oil
- 1 oz chopped parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Red chilli flakes
- 12 pieces of Crostini bread
- Salt & Pepper
Step by Step Instructions
- Boil salted water.
- In a separate casserole, add olive oil and garlic.
- When garlic begins to sizzle, add Calamari, season with salt & pepper until they are crispy.
- Add pomodoro sauce and chilli flakes. Cook for 30 minutes until the Calamari is tender.
- When the water starts to boil, cook Calamarata pasta for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to the sauce when ready.
- Top with parsley and serve it with Crostini. The Crostini can be used as “scarpetta”: enjoy the end of the sauce, don’t leave it there, dip it with the bread!