Giovanni Rana Pastificio & Cucina welcomes you to their first-ever Piazza Pasta Party, kicking off their new year-long initiative: United Tastes of Pasta. On the evening of Wednesday, October 28 from 7:30-9:30pm, Mr. Giovanni Rana will be in NY to celebrate National Pasta Month, gathering some of the country’s greatest culinary minds on the topic to showcase the universal language of pasta. The ticketed, taste-around event will highlight each visiting chef’s signature take on pasta, to benefit the Food Bank For NYC.
Join Mr. Giovanni Rana, the ‘patriarch of pasta’, along with eight other legendary culinary icons from across the US to pay homage to their love for pasta. Mix and mingle with the fantastic line up of chefs and taste their ultimate pasta dish made in front of the guest at each station.
Chefs in attendance include:
- Chef Kevin Garcia, Executive Chef of Giovanni Rana Pastificio & Cucina
- James Beard Award-winning Chefs Mark Gaier & Clark Frasier, of M.C. Spiedo in Boston and MC Perkins Cove in Maine
- Chef Michael Scelfo of the James Beard-nominated Alden & Harlow in Boston
- James Beard Award-winning chef Mark Ladner, executive chef at Del Posto in New York
- James Beard-nominated chef Matt Accarrino of SPQR in San Francisco
- James Beard-nominated Jenn Louis, executive chef and co-owner of Lincoln and Sunshine Tavern in Portland, OR
- James Beard Award-winning chef Jody Adams of Boston’s acclaimed Rialto and TRADE
What: Giovanni Rana’s United Tastes of Pasta “Piazza Pasta Party”
When: Wednesday, October 28 from 7:30-9:30pm
Where: Giovanni Rana Pastificio & Cucina (75 9th ave, inside Chelsea Market)
Starting on October 28 and throughout the remainder of the year, Giovanni Rana will donate 100,000 meals to the Food Bank For NYC in addition to proceeds from ticket sales from the Piazza Pasta Party. Selected signature chef dishes will remain on the Giovanni Rana Pastificio menu until New Year’s Eve, and every time a customer orders that dish, the restaurant will donate another $1 to the Food Bank For New York City.
This association has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs for more than 30 years. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Giovanni Rana is happy and proud to contribute to their cause. To learn more about how you can help, visit foodbanknyc.org
Tickets are $55, including tax/tip and one drink per person (house-wine/beer/cocktail), along with bites from each chef station.